Every teacher at my school has a teacher iPad and mine has become completely attached to my hand: I never put it down. So when looking for progress monitoring tools I started in the app store. Here are a few iPad apps I have found for progress monitoring.
Note Taker HD iPad app ($5)
This app is great for anecdotal notes (which is my favorite kind of progress monitoring.) There is a lot of good to be said for data, but I feel as though I have the best idea of how my students are progressing and my informal notes have great value. In this app you can take notes for anything, but I use it for my students reading and writing conferencing. I can create different folders for each of my kiddos and it allows me to be really organized.
DRA2+ iPad app (free)
This app is really cool because it works together with the DRA2 kit and allows you to go almost paperless when giving DRA2s (which are reading tests.) Giving these is a very long and laborious process, so anything that can streamline this is awesome.
Classroom Manager ($8)
This app does a ton of things with data. It tracks data, helps you analyze it, and creates graphs. It allows you to track grades, and also negative behaviors and their interventions.
Here are a few not apps:
The Pensieve Daily 5 Café Notebook
Our school is very big on Daily 5 and Café, which are both structures to be put into place in the language arts class. The notebook is the epitome of organization in progress monitoring. Here is a tutorial video about the Pensieve notebook.
Show What I Know Notebook (from a blog)
This is from a blog I found. It is a few worksheets that allow you to put together student portfolios so students can track their own progress. I love that aspect of it, but I think I would need to do a lot of tweaking to the worksheets to be able to use them effectively with my students.
No comments:
Post a Comment