|
Site
|
How is it Being
Used?
|
Features
|
Content Area(s)
|
Student
Friendliness
|
|
Blog-
East Dragon Den
|
-Resources for all content areas
-A place for all students to have a blog
-Online collaboration
-This blog makes their classroom almost paperless.
Assignments are given on the class blog and students respond on their own
personal blogs.
|
Like:
-Clustr map- Creates audience and purpose in student work
-Writing conferencing form for teachers
|
-Resources for all content areas
-Science and Social Studies projects
-Math games for practice
-Language Arts- Read aloud CoverItLive
-Lang Arts book projects
|
Like:
Tabs across the top make for easy navigation
All students have their own personal blogs linked along
the right side of the main blog
|
|
Dislike:
There is nothing that I dislike about this site. I want to
be this classroom ;-)
|
Dislike:
There is nothing that I dislike about this site. I want to
be this classroom ;-)
It is definitely something that would take quite a bit of
training for my students to be able to do though.
|
|||
|
Blog-
QSIS 10
|
This is a blog for the
QSI International School of Sarajevo. All of the students
post their work on this blog.
|
Like:
-Included Wordle word clouds
-Tabs across the top for easy navigation
-Lots of features down the right side of the page
|
-All content areas
-Individual writing and poetry projects featured
-Current events at the school
|
Like:
-Kids do some posting in groups and some individually
|
|
Dislike:
-I don’t dislike anything, they have a lot of great
features
|
Dislike:
-Different writing portfolios and blogs. I think they
could be combined
|
|||
|
Blog-
Comments 4 Kids
|
-It features student blogs from all over the world so that
they can get comments and students can feel audience and purpose in their
writing
|
Like:
-Bring the world together to get kids writing
|
-Writing primarily
-Can include other topics in the writing
|
Like:
-Makes classrooms “flat”
-Easy to make connections with other students around the
world
|
|
Dislike:
-Never enough time to spotlight everyone!
|
Dislike:
-Besides main page, not as easy to navigate
|
|||
|
Wiki-
Terry the Tennis Ball
|
-Students collaborated to write a choose your own
adventure story in a wiki
|
Like:
-I LOVE this idea and I am definitely doing this with my
kids in the fall
|
-Writing fiction stories
|
Like:
- Kids can see their writing online in an authentic place
|
|
Dislike:
-The one story is the only thing on this wiki
-Could include more writing
|
Dislike:
- Stories are too short. Much more could have been done
with this idea
|
|||
|
Wiki-
3rd Grade Wiki
|
-A wiki for a teacher to share resources with her students
-Very minimal and not used to it’s full potential
|
Like:
-Lots of navigation tabs
|
Resources are placed in folders online for students to
access
|
Like:
-Lots of tabs
|
|
Dislike:
-I don’t like the PBWorks format as much
-Kind of boring layout
|
Dislike:
-Not very much content on this wiki
|
|||
|
Wiki-
Stanley Yelnats
A wiki for the book Holes
|
-Information on their book club book, Holes.
-Looks like a final projet
|
Like:
-Good layout
-Easy to navigate
-Includes pictures
|
-Reading: Holes
|
Like:
-Lots of student created content
|
|
Dislike:
-Could do more reading projects on the one wiki
|
Dislike:
-I don’t know which student wrote which part. I would like
to see author names
|
I like how in the instructions it said “As teachers, we rely on sharing and
borrowing information from colleagues in the field.” I always say that there is
no such thing as stealing in the education field, only borrowing. Two heads are
always better than one and using the Internet, thousands of heads are much
better than one. I get so many of my teaching ideas from perusing teaching
blogs, wikis, and websites online.
The East Dragon Den
blog is absolutely amazing. I saw the teachers in charge of it present at the
Technology In Education Conference a few weeks ago. They gave a three-hour presentation and I
wanted to keep hearing more from them. The technology they use in their
classrooms is incredible.
I love the idea of
the Terry the Tennis Ball wiki, but I don’t think it was implemented very well.
My students love the choose your own adventure books and I’m sure they would
love a project like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment