There are tons of excellent biographies having to do
with my unit of astronomy. Many astronauts have inspiring stories, but one that
I have recently enjoyed is about Chris Hadfield, Canadian astronaut from the
International Space Station called #GoodMorningEarth. Chris Hadfield is a great
astronaut to study because he is very relatable to kids. He is all over social
media, such as youtube and twitter, and we have access to a lot of space
information because of him.
An information book that I love is the book Basher
Science Astronomy: Out of This World. It contains lots of different astronomy
information, and define related content vocabulary words. I love all the books
in this series because my students love them. They are very kid friendly while
still being super informative. They all contain posters as well.
Using any of the following search engines, locate a web
site that would support your Integrated Unit and that would be appropriate for
its audience.
Use the worksheet found at the following link to
evaluate the reliability of the web site. Submit your web site and your
reactions to your facilitator.
I think that a biography would definitely lend itself to my integrated
astronomy unit. There are many important people and leaders in the field of
space science that would be fascinating to study. An exciting topic of research
being astronaut Chris Hadfield.
I would have my students research important people in the space field
using iPads and I would the opportunity to teach research skills. Studying
space lends itself to studying the people responsible for the important
discoveries having to do with space.
My learning Target for this
activity would be “Can I research important people in space sciences using my
iPad and write down important information about them using my graphic
organizer?”
Chris Hadfield’s social media sites are great resources:
No comments:
Post a Comment