This was
the first time I had heard the term CMS. (I love learning about entirely new
things in the field of technology. So exciting!)
What are
some of the most common CMSs?
Word Press
Joomla
Movable Type
Silver Stripe
Drupal
MediaWiki
Photo Gallery CMS
Joomla
Movable Type
Silver Stripe
Drupal
MediaWiki
Photo Gallery CMS
What are
the typical traits or characteristics of a CMS?
Free
Easy to change and update in live time
Fairly user-friendly
Customizable
Search engine availability
Several people can manage the site
Security
Easy to change and update in live time
Fairly user-friendly
Customizable
Search engine availability
Several people can manage the site
Security
Are any
specifically geared to the educational setting?
I don’t
think that any are specifically geared towards education, but I’m pretty sure
almost all of them could be used for that purpose.
What did
you learn about CMSs that was new to you and/or you are interested in learning
more about?
Everything
was new to me J I learned that they are a great tool to help people create nice
looking sites and they can be fairly easy to use once you spend some time with
them. I am interested in gleaning more information about CMS in general and how
they can be used in education.
Reference
Mehta, N.
(2009). Choosing an Open Source CMS: Beginner's Guide. Packt Publishing
No comments:
Post a Comment