|
Tool
Name
|
Features/
Strengths of Tool
|
Use/
Grade/ Project Possibilities/ Subject
|
|
Desktop: Adobe Photoshop
|
You can create shapes and colors or you
can import already existing images. You have many options to edit those
images. You can create layers, cut pieces of pictures out, and adjust color
easily. You can sharpen an image, reduce blurring due to shaky camera, and
enlarge pixely pictures to look like good quality. A positive is that the
tools available are very well laid out. There are neat and simple tool bars
for everything.
|
This software is definitely designed to
be used with older students: high school, maybe middle school. I think the
only thing I would use this software for would be a photography or graphics
kind of elective class. None of the content areas I teach in elementary
school would have a need for such advanced images. Enhancing photos taken in
different ways would be a main project use for this software. I could also
see it being used in a history class to re-create historical scenes. Students
could find images of people and layer them together to show understanding of
the historical event.
|
|
Webware:
Picnik.com
|
A negative for this site is that there
are many less features and options of what you can do with the images than
you would find on a program like Adobe Photoshop. This can also be a
positive, however. If you don’t need anything too complex, I think simpler
tools are better to work with. You can crop, adjust colors, and fix red-eye. You
can make the whole picture black and white or sepia, and lots of other
options as well. You can also have the picture be black and white with one
part colored. You can also add text.
|
This website is simpler and more basic.
I think it would be appropriate for upper elementary students up through high
school and college, depending on what they are doing. 4th graders
could use this site to edit pictures they took on a field trip and then give
a presentation of the information they learned there. High schoolers can edit
pictures they have taken on a basic level. If it were a photography or more
advanced graphics class I would recommend a more complex tool. Upper
elementary students could take pictures of themselves and age them (make them
slightly blurry or painting like and black and white with worn edges) and
write a story about themselves from a different older time period. It could
be my life during the civil war.
|
My name is Christie. I teach 3rd grade. I am getting my Masters of Education in Instructional Technology from Regis University. This blog is a way for me to keep track of all my assignments for my program.
Sunday, February 23, 2014
Web Tools
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment